Friday, August 19, 2011

Once upon a time...

Alternating Reality isn't my first blog. "Wait. WHAT?! You were cool before as well?" Yes.
I once had a blog called My Great American Holiday or something like that. It turned out to be pretty stupid.

This was my first post on blogger, 2 years ago. I got nostalgic suddenly. -

America-The Land of Dreams...

Before you engage yorself into reading about my trip..Please be aware that this is kinda long and I will be distracted while typing this and go off-topic..So Please Be Patient...
The trip is divided into 3 parts according to the 3 weeks I stayed there.

So sit back and enjoy the read...

Hope you like it.. :D

Hello dear readers...

Our journey to the American land on the 1st of Aug..Embarking on a 14 hour flight which took off at 'round 12:45 am (DST) to Dulles International Airport ,Washington D.C..The flight was smooth ,watched some useless movies,. to kill my time..First watched Monsters v/s aliens-Time pass Then a few seconds of Watchmen was enough to put me to sleep..*even though my brother and I had RESOLVED not to *.Which eventually caused me to miss my meal..*Which also was RESOLVED to be eaten..(not that I was hungry or anything but if some lady offers a meal MILES above the ground I don't feel like rejecting... ;) )..So two out of two resolutions for the flight broken..Aaah what the heck, Resolutions are meant to be broken..Seems like I'm going off topic..buh had a couple of Kitkats ..yummy..Well time does fly when you are flying.. :P..

We successfully landed on US soil on Aug 1st,6:30 am (ET) which is 1430 in Dubai..our final destination was actually Newark airport in New Jersey and thus we had to change flights.But before that could take place ,since we had Immigrant visas,we had some immigration process to complete,which unfortunately took a LONG time ( due to An AMERICAN :@ ) we managed to miss the flight,scheduled at 8:15 and had to wait till 4:30 for the next one..On which we got on , no thanks to the stupid airport officials..

Waiting 6 hours for an hour's flight - STUPID..We couold have drived to New Jersey in the same time..Buh What the Heck...

Reached New Jersey at 5 : 30 pm and were recieved by my maternal uncle,Mr.Paresh Damania...

Wow what a beginning to the vacations...We finally reached their home at 'round 7 pm..Ending the 27 hour journey.. omg..

The next day, Aug 2nd..Turned out to be my l'il brother's ( Karanesh) 12th birthday..Which was celebrated at an Indian Restaurant,as my auntie's( Mrs Sangita Damania) surprise b'day..So it was an 2 in 1 package.. Yay..

The best part about August is that Maist of my family members are born in it..So which is a blessing for me .. Cause More birthdays = More Parties = More Cake.. =D...

The next few days were of less excitement..

The nest big thing in the 1st week was the trip to the Empire State,New York...These Ameicans have the concept of giving each state a title..like-New Jersey is the Garden State,New York is the Empire..And so on..

So the 1st thing on our NY agenda was the United Nations,where we reached at arouund 11:30 am..Unfortunately,we could not take the tour of the UN General Assembly and Security Council because the tour was at 2 pm..The best part about NY is that we can walk around the city and reach all the major attractions with the help of your legs and a map..Moving on or rather Walking on..From the UN we went to the Majestic,Superior Empire State Building..Risng to a height of 443.2 meters,its the tallest bldg in New York..and an iconic symbol of the city and the US. A must see..From the 86th floor ( its observation deck) of this tower I could see awesome 360 degrees view of Manhattan and the surrounding areas...
Next stop-A meal in Burger King :P...Re-filled, we walked towards one of the most famous squares in the W.O.R.L.D,The phenomenal, ever bustling ,heart of NYC-Times Square..This place is unbelievable..So many people,so many branded stores ,etc.,...anyone would LOVE it..I did.. :P

Also saw Macy's ( which my dad thought was the world's largest toy store..This really got my brother VERY VERY excited..But unfortunate to him..It turned out to be something completley different--Some stupid Cosmetics , and lady thingy store , so that was kinda sad..)

Then unfortunately it was time to leave so went to the Port Authority Bus Terminal for the ride back to NJ....

This wasn't the last time I went to NYC in this trip..( find out more in the ending.. ;) )

The next BIG thing in the 1st week was the trip yo a theme park called Six Flags-Great Adventure. This a a humungous park with SO many roller coasters and is also home to the TALLEST roller coaster - Kingda Ka..Its HUGE!The size can chicken you out instantly.When I went, I guess it chickened everyone out ( including me ) that I didn't see the coaster go on it the whole day...

The first ever roller coaster which I went on was called superman, that was after a 90 minute wait in the Q.But the wait was worth it...There was also the classic, the wooden roller coaste which I went on....That was one hell of a ride...
That about does it for the firt week in the US...
Coming in the next post - The 2nd week in Cincinnatti, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment