Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sticks of Joy.

What Dandiya should look like.
The annual Dandiya time has returned with a bang, with posters in the newspaper, with kids selling tickets, with people rushing to those kids to buy tickets, with kids inviting their girlfriends and other friends, with kids sneaking in the party. Dandiya in my world is not played with sticks as you have seen in movies such as Lagaan and Hum dil De Chuke Sanam.

Dandiya in my world is a party on a brick dance floor and under conditions of high humidity. The annual Dandiya party is the shizz.
What Dandiya looks like. (Minus white colour. Plus brown colour)

Dandiya is like the UN General Assembly meeting, you get to meet new, interesting people and spend time with people whom you have met last five-six years ago, and dance with them. Dandiya reveals the party animal in the most sane person.

Everyone goes to Dandiya, even though they have no idea of what to wear and what they have to do there. Some people are just there to smoke and drink. Some are there oscillating their bodies to show they have dance in them. Some are there because their friends are there and because they want to and will have a fun, unforgettable time. Some people go to Dandiya because it is something of a must-attend-event-at-least-once-in-life type event.

I have fond memories with Dandiya. I met my ex-school buddies after a gap of seven years, I met girls, I saw school teachers there, etc.,. Its a fun event to hang out and look cool.

I'm not going for Dandiya. I have been cursed already. No more, I can't bear it.

1 comment:

  1. Because of you, even I'm not. .. .. .. .. .. ..

    ReplyDelete