Friday, October 7, 2011

The Last Enemy.

I was reading my biology textbook, just to show my parents that I'm "studying". I was studying, though. While studying, I tend to think about topics completely unrelated to the chapter I'm reading. Today, while reading about how wheat, rice and cows are being mutated, improved I thought about an Apple. Then I thought about Steve Jobs and his legacy, after that I ended up thinking about Death, because I'm Batman. I'm still thinking about Death.


Steve Jobs' commencement speech at Stanford is bloody superb and inspirational.
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life."
Steve JobsStanford Commencement speech, 2005
What is it about death that has so many people pondering over it?
In Rick Riordian's Son of Neptune, the God of death is captured, mortals and monsters can't die because of that. In his previous books, Nico, son of Hades, tries to bring his(Nico's) sister, Bianca, back from the Underworld.

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death" is engraved on James and Lily Potter's head stone. The Deathly Hallows were created just to defeat Death.
People ( and demi-gods and wizards) want to conquer death, not knowing that death is invincible, even the mightiest have to, inevitably, die.
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It's life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."
Steve JobsStanford Commencement speech, 2005
 I really have nothing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment