Monday, September 12, 2011

7:00 AM - 12:00 AM.

That ^ is the average duration of my day. Its pretty short compared to the future IITians of the society. Well IIT is not for me.

Students of my school wear a grey, dull, depressing, hospitalized type uniform, if you visited my school yesterday, you would've thought we were wearing such a dress to mourn for the unfortunate victims of 9/11.  We wear such a dress everyday.
My school also has the weirdest timings EVER! It starts when students of other school are bubbling with excitement since their school-day is coming to an end and can't wait to go home to their favourite cartoons and ends when they're done with their homework and are roaming around the streets, right next to my bus, with their relationship partners. So annoying. So uncool. So depressing. So sadistic of them.

Sing me no songs of daylight,
For the sun is the enemy of lovers
Sing instead of shadows and enemies,
And memories of midnight
Sappho

Reading about the 9/11 10th anniversary tribute reports in the newspaper makes me wonder whether the same unity, grief and togetherness would the shown by the people of India on the 26/11 Mumbai attacks' anniversary, or for that matter, on the anniversary of any of the inumerous terror attacks on India. The pictures in the newspaper show the integrity among the Americans, even among those who have been fortunate not to lose a loved one. I just hope the Indians learn something from the Americans in this matter.


Djokovic destroyed Federer. Nothing can be more depressing. Wait, school in 3 hours. Damn. Oh, wait again, the person who sits next to me can get live TV on his mobile phone. Winner.


"If fishing wasn't so much fun, it would be dull and boring". "Yea". From the comic strip, Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment