Thursday, September 15, 2011

Last Minute Changes.

There is a buzz of happiness and ecstasy after the announcement of the Talent Show. People want to take part in every category and start preparing for their moment of fame. Then mid-way, exactly mid-way, mind you, some of them have a change of heart. Their pocket money for the props for the show runs out, their moms start yelling at them, they ditch their girl/boyfriends, they start taking drugs, and they no longer want to continue taking part in the program. Its like sitting in a movie theatre, watching all the fantastic trailers on the silver screen, taking the effort of making a mental note to watching all of them, and then, not going.


Such an unprecedented change of heart forces the team members of such decision-changing-ditchers to make VooDoo dolls of the ditcher and poke the doll with needles. It is totally uncool to chicken out because of the level of competition. Does Bangladesh chicken out agaisnt India before a cricket match? Does Chelsea forfeit because their next match is against Manchester Utd? No. They should, though.

I ditched my band members. I know I should be hanged. I know Karma is going to fuck me over. I know somewhere down the road, I'll regret my decision. I'm still hoping my my ex-team members win, though. I'm not against them. I am against me. Wait. What?

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever...".
A thing of beauty, by John Keats, makes more sense when beauty is substituted by booty.
Speaking of booty, Scarlett Johansson.

No comments:

Post a Comment