Monday, September 5, 2011

This Or That?

Pessimism. Optimism.
I look at pessimism as reverse psychology. Optimism makes people sad because things don't usually work out the way most people want them to. But pessimism makes me feel cool, especially when something works out when I'm pessimistic about it. I get the chance to say "I told you thusly", even though I didn't.
I recently(yesterday) received pleasing news. Which, at first I hoped would work out fine and thus will allow me to become a super boss, but then I thought, (Yay), why not try the reverse phycology/pessimistic path. Now I look at the good news as "aah, what the heck am I all psyched up about? It won't work out anyway". (It usually doesn't work out well with this point of view, but I'll give it a shot).
P.S-Secretly I'm wishing that it does work out.

Meeting friends after the vacations is quite fun. No one asks me about my vacation because I manage to update all my vacation fun as status updates. But, some friends still want to hang out. Some are too afraid of the heat, which I am too. The former are good people. The latter are smart people, but not necessarily  good people. Some people want to play cricket with me in this harsh and unforgiving weather, they are epic people, not necessarily smart people.

Pottermore is being kind to me, excpet for a few glitches here and there. I find galleons. I hope HSBC can get into a partnership wth Gringotts.

I must really get back to work now.

Be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment