Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Of Hearts and Stuff.


File:Antique Valentine 1909 01.jpg
14th February, a day dreaded by most. The day brings expectations to those in love and a hopes for a Post Valentine's Day Year with a partner for those who decide to score on 14th Feb.
Personally, I feel Valentine's Day is over hyped. To me, it's just another day. And just like an otherday, it isn't important to me, unless the Indian Cricket Team wins a match, or Sachin Tendulkar scores a century, or I fulfill one of my many dark fantasies.
#foreveralone
One of the many reasons I do not consider 14th February as an important day is because I spend it alone, without a lover to call mine. Its not like I do not have lovers. My lovers love others too. Sometimes more than me. It hurts.

So it seems Valentine's Day is pretty much an epic fail each year. Or is it?

There are many reactions to Valentine's Day as I have observed. I've had to stalk my Facebook and Twitter News Feed for the results.

Some are overjoyed with the fact that they have a Valentine. Even though the person shares the Valentine with numerous other people. These people are just overly enthusiastic about having a Valentine on 14th Feb  so that they do not break the unspoken rule of having a partner for a day on 14th Feb. These people, I feel, need a life and a better view of life. Wannabes.
Other people have a perfect, cheesy, lovely, romantic, picture perfect, lovey-dovey Valentine's Day. They do stuff like what we see in a Hollywood movie, causing many a single persons to go green with envy. These couples are the role models for the people described above, the people who need a life.






 Other people just celebrate being single. Some of them take it to the extremes. They feel life isn't about being tied up because of the other person. These people, I think, have either broken up recently, or were dumped before anything could kick start. They lead disillusioned lives and end up hating V-Day. I am a hybrid between this type of person and the following person.
Other single guys and gals, live in the Valentine's Day spirit. Hoping for a better next year. Keeping a cheery face, even though the sight of watching their friends go on a mini-honeymoon makes them want to puke their hearts out. These people have an optimistic view of life. I like being optimistic. I count myself as one of them, even though I do not consider V-Day as important.
Another reason, I consider V-day as unimportant is because being a romantic creep, I believe people shouldn't wait for a particular day to express their "love", or whatever they call their affection towards the other person(s).

So a Valentine's day without a date... No big deal. I'm used to it. Imma chill wid ma bitches.. Boo Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment