Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PS Vita-My Current Obsession

Let me start off by saying I love gaming, I guess you all know that anyway.
My quest for finding better games has taken me to deep and dark places such as the corners of my local stores to the awe-inspiring realm of Sharaf DG.
Yes, I am blabbering, but it is necessary before I start off with this post.

I'm going to make a post on 10 reasons on why I should get a PS Vita, and you WILL agree with my sentiments.
For the uninitiated, the PS Vita is Sony's latest wonder gzimo which gives us PS3-type games on a handheld consoles.
You know the best thing about it? It's got two analog sticks.



Yeah, that sums up my expression appropriately.
Let's start off with the reasons shall we?

1) I was born to game. Literally.
I have been always been obsessed with technology from a young age, when all I could do was wire a transistor to produce weird sounds. That eventually lead me to buy a SEGA which led me to the Playstation and eventually the PS2, the PSP and finally the PS3. I have owned more than 470 games on the PS2 alone, which probably shows my dedication, or obsession.

2) It's predecessor has helped me through some pretty dark times.
After failing the 11th grade, a small part of me died inside, and I started having dark thoughts. I came to class everyday and mentally bunked, blocking off everything. My only companion was my PSP in which I played some games and read a lot of ebooks (670 to be exact). So I have lot to thank my handheld console for.

3) I was always looking forward to a wholesome handheld gaming experience.
I have an iPad 2 for reading books, it plays games too but it doesn't give me what I want, not really. I found real fast that nothing could beat the experience of gaming on a PC or PS3, so when I found out about the Vita, I literally wet myself. I mean have you effin seen the Uncharted gameplay on that? Effin amazing.

4) It's a Sony device.
I'm sorry to those who get offended, but I've always been a fanboy for Sony products and they haven't disappointed me yet, so yeah.

5) I want to game with people other than my 'friends' but in my immediate area.
The PS Vita connectivity to other people really got me salivating on the endless possibilities. A little Facebook and Twitter integration wouldn't hurt so bad would it? My Twitter feed would be full of 'Just shot the guy sitting opposite to me in the Metro with a bad hairdo in the head. Fu*k yeah'. I don't think that this is 'just a possibility' anymore, the PS Vita seems to be making it real.

6) Why wouldn't I want one?
I mean seriously, why not?

7) PS3 to PS Vita connectivity.
See, PSP's remote play feature was swag enough, but not that much practical except when I needed to catch up on a few weeks worth of Entourage while in my bed with a PSP. So, when I get tired of sitting in my couch, I could continue my game in a more comfortable place, say the bathroom. ( :P )

8) It's the latest gizmo.
I have an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to acquire anything that's new and worth it, and well this falls into both these categories.

9) I'll become 'the guy with the Vita' in my class.
I would love the look on my friend's faces when I pop up with one these sweet things. I'll be like, who's talking now bitches?

10) My PSP broke a month back, after I dropped it from my 3rd floor apartment.
No, I'm not joking. I have pictures, but those are for another time and place.



No comments:

Post a Comment